Friday 13 February 2015

King Crimson - A Young Persons Guide to King Crimson (1975, Editions EG EGKC 10)

Simply, King Crimson are my favourite band and so I collect what I can of theirs, when I can. This 2 disc compilation was released in 1975 soon after Robert Fripp disbanded the band after Red. The album was initially released on Island Records, but this copy I picked up in Ottawa, Canada sometime around the early 80's hence the Edition EG, Collectors Edition moniker on the label. The main selling point for the album is the terrific artwork by Scottish artist Fergus Hall. Fripp used two of his paintings for the album and somehow seem to fit in perfectly with the surreal, weird and otherworldly music of early King Crimson. The scrapbook included was also a superb document of their history to that point. It set the template for all previous booklets that Fripp would do for Crimson box sets. But it all started here!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment