Wednesday 11 February 2015

Missing in Action

It's great fun going through all my old albums. Even though I haven't looked at them in many a year, they are so familiar, like old friends. I am transported straight back to the 70's and 80's when I first bought them. I have actually now wired up our old ion deck which we bought a few years ago to transfer my wife's old records on to CD. But now it is connected to the stereo. I actually forgot we had that deck as it was boxed away with so much other stuff. So now I can give all my disks a spin.

One drawback in all this vinyl nostalgia is I have realised they are lots of records missing! I haven't got a clue where they are or how they are not around. There may be boxes somewhere, but for the life of me I cannot remember any going missing in my various moves. Some of the records missing I am sad to lose if they are gone. Like Before and After Science by Brian Eno. That had the original prints by Peter Schmidt and a press pack too. As did Exposure by Robert Fripp, with photos and bio. There are lots more and I need to list them to see what the damage is. But I suppose it's all part of life's changes. Anyway, I can at least enjoy what I have got and there are some crackers!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment